Latest Updates Regarding COVID-19
As the situation with the novel coronavirus COVID-19 continues to evolve, I want to give you an update on the measures being taken at Deerland to prioritize the health and safety of our employees as well as mitigate the risk of disruption to our business and yours.
As always, our employees are expected to adhere to the safety and standard operating procedures we have in place across our facilities. In our manufacturing areas, this includes our standard practice of donning personal protective equipment (PPE) that includes (by production function) the use of full body Tyvek suits, respirators, facial masks, gloves, gowns, and safety glasses. Great care is always taken by employees to ensure full compliance with all our hygiene and safety protocols.
Precautions are now being taken to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission in our workplace and to ensure the continued safe manufacture of products, including:
- Reinforcing hygiene guidelines outlined by the world health experts, including the CDC, urging employees to limit close interaction with others when in public places
- Additional hand sanitization stations and increased frequency of surface wipe-downs with sanitizing solutions throughout our facilities and in all meeting areas
- Strict adherence to our policy of staying home if ill and to immediately seeking medical care as necessary
- Requirement for employees to notify leadership of the commencement and return of private travel
- Implementing additional cross-training initiatives to address any workforce impact thereby minimizing business disruption
- Implementing a forward purchasing plan to pre-buy all applicable raw materials and applicable PPE; suppliers are also expected to also have adequate safety stock levels in their warehouses
- Suppliers have been asked to immediately provide their business disruption avoidance plans to ensure continuity of supply. Additionally, they are expected to provide timely updates as they become available.
Please trust we are taking the threat of the novel coronavirus very seriously and will continue to do everything we can to minimize any supply disruption.
As always, we appreciate our business relationship with you and will continue to provide any applicable updates as warranted.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Deerland Business Development Manager or Customer Service Representative.
-Scott Ravech, CEO